Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jul 29, 2017

Poppies for Allsorts 426

Good morning! Saturday again and that means we have a new challenge for you at Allsorts. Brenda is our host this week and we're having a photo inspiration challenge.

Week 426 Photo Inspiration 

What a beautiful photo! I love poppies!
For my card I decided to use the stamp "Poppy Gems" by Penny Black. I heat embossed it on winsor and newton watercolor marker paper and colored with Zig Clean Color. 

This stamp is really large, I ended up trimming some of it away because I wanted it to fit an A2 sized card. As you can see I kept the card really simple by just adding the card front onto designer paper, then a green cardbase (which can't be seen in the photo as it's the same size as the designer paper). I added jute twine and heat embossed the sentiment which is from one of Penny Black's clear sentiment sets. 
I tried to capture all the colors from the inspiration photo, unfortunately I don't have a burgundy zig clean color and tried mixing one up by combining colors. But I'm affraid it turned out more purplish than burgundy...this means I will be looking into purchasing a few more zig clean color pens :)

That is all from me for today, I hope you'll come join us. Swedish House Crafts is our sponsor this week and there is a wonderful prize to be won!

Have a great day! Hope it's filled with sunshine!

11 comments:

brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful Ellie and just perfect to reflect the inspirational photo, many thanks for making such a lovely creation for my theme week.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, you know one of my fave stamps too!
Happy weekend;-))m

Wendy L said...

Beautiful, love your shading, xxx

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous image, a super background and a really lovely card.

Kath x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a vibrant and beautiful card Ellie - it is so summery! I have ahd a day filled with sunshine after a -5 oC frost!!
Blessings
Maxine

Craftychris said...

Stunning card! I love those gorgeous poppies and your watercolouring is fabulous! xxx

Tracy said...

Such a pretty creation Ellie, I love it.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

KandA said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous rich colours and my favourite PB poppies xx

susiestacey said...

Stunning card Ellie, l think the heat embossing in black really makes this image pop x